Monday 9 June 2014

 
 My sight, Nottinghamshire
‘Pilot’ sensory workshop
21st may 2014
I conducted a workshop at My Sight what consisted of 3 children aged between ages 8-11. All the children suffered from visual impairment.
My workshop where based on the early work I did on ‘sensory boxes’. The idea was to decorate the inside of a box with assortments of different fabrics, objects and item that where sensory. Either they were scented, made sound, felt good etc.
I initially started by presenting the children with the sensory boxes I had done myself. Showing them how the different materials presented a different sensory stimulus that is apparent once they are interacted with. They enjoy these boxes and were keen to start their own.
I presented each of the 3 children with a box I had constructed from wood. I told them they were free to now personalised and decorate the box how they wished. there was many different materials that they could use and I told them to be free and put in there most favourite scents sounds and touches.
 
 
 
The workshop was very successful. Each child completed their box and grew more and more enthusiastic with it, creating something the best they could. All of them had a big smile on their face and were fully enthralled. After the session they took the box home and I took photographs of them and their boxes.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment